ONSIOR TABLETS FOR DOGS AND CATS
Onsior flavoured tablets are used as pain relief and as an anti inflammatory. They are used specifically in the control of chronic or acute pain and inflammation associated with osteoarthritis in dogs and cats. The injectable form of Onsior can also be used to control pain associated with surgical procedures and works best if given by injection around 30 minutes before the procedure starts. Onsior blocks the formation of compounds that cause inflammation.
Onsior is a drug which contains the active ingredient robenacoxib. Onsior is part of a group of drugs called the non steroidal anti inflammatories (NSAID). Onsior is manufactured by Novartis Animal Health Ltd and is classed as a POM-V drug which means it can only be obtained from a veterinary surgeon or with a prescription from a vet. Onsior comes as beef flavoured tablets in various sizes for both dogs and cats as well as an injectable form.
- Onsior Useful Information
- Onsior Side Effects
- Onsior Dosage
- How to Buy Cheap Onsior
- About Pet Prescription
- Onsior should only be used as directed by your vet
- The dose will be based on your pet’s weight so weigh your pet regularly
- Onsior is available for both dogs and cats
- Onsior contains the active ingredient robenacoxib
- Onsior is available as round beige tablets
- Onsior tablets are available in various sizes for ease of accurate dosing
- Onsior tablets are beef flavoured to ensure palatability
- Store Onsior in a cool, dry place, under 25oC
- Onsior can have side effects but these are usually mild and self limiting
- If you suspect any side effects, contact your vet for advice
- The most common side effect of Onsior is vomiting
- Inappetance and diarrhoea can also be seen with Onsior
- Blood in the diarrhoea is an uncommon side effect
- Long term, Onsior can have effects on the liver so monitoring is needed
- Slight pain at the injection site can be seen with injectable Onsior
- Onsior is generally a very safe drug
- If you suspect an overdose of Onsior then contact your vet immediately for advice
- Onsior comes as palatable, beef flavoured tablets
- Onsior tablet are given orally, once daily
- Onsior tablets should be given 30 minutes before food as are more effective on an empty stomach
- Onsior tablets come in various sizes: 5mg, 10mg, 20mg and 40mg for dogs and 6mg for cats.
- Onsior tablets should not be divided or broken
- Onsior tablets can be given long term to control pain from osteoarthritis
- The dose of Onsior will be determined by your vet
- The dose of Onsior can be tapered to the lowest effective dose over time
- Treating dogs with long term conditions such as arthritis can become expensive
- Many dogs and Cats with arthritis would benefit from treatment with onsior
- Onsior Tablets are available from www.petprescription.co.uk at significantly lower prices than from veterinary surgeons
- Onsior tablets are POM-V and require a written prescription
- Dog and cat owners may purchase Onsior from their vet but could make huge savings by buying cheaper onsior online at www.petprescription.co.uk
- You may also purchase Joint supplements such as seraquin and synoquin and a complete range of prescription and nonprescription medicines at www.petprescrition.co.uk
- The most cost effective way to Onsior tablets is at the multibuy price
- The Onsior we supply is exactly the same as you would purchase from your vet though typically 40-60% cheaper
• A 45 kg Doberman taking two onsior flavoured tablets 40mg once daily (the recommended dose rate) would use 26 boxes (28 tablets per box) of onsior 40mg in one year
• The cost of purchasing of 26 boxes of onsior 40mg from a typical vet would be approximately £1400***
• The cost of purchasing 26 boxes of onsior 40mg from www.petprescription.co.uk would be £571.74*** (this price includes standard delivery and assumes you would buy at least 2 boxes at a time)
• THE POTENTIAL ANNUAL SAVING IS £828*** if you purchase your fortekor from www.petprescription.co.uk (this excludes the cost of a written prescription)
• Assuming your vet charges £10-15 for a written prescription you will still be saving in excess of £800*** per annum.
• Buy online at pet prescription to get Cheap Onsior!
**Prices accurate as of 15/03/12**
- Petprescription.co.uk is run by Pet Prescription Ltd.
- We are staffed by veterinary surgeons, veterinary nurses and SQP's (suitably qualified persons)
- As well as operating many pet information websites we also run www.petprescription.co.uk
- petprescription.co.uk sells a wide variety of pet healthcare products, prescriptions drugs and pet accessories.
- As practicing veterinary and animal professionals we have a wealth of experience and are extremely well placed to answer your pet related queries
- As pet owners ourselves we understand the importance of pets to their owners
- Owning a pet can be expensive - We want to help you care for your pets with expert advice and discounted pet medicines and accessories
- Why not check out our amazing multibuy deal and buy Online today.
Onsior is a prescription only medicines (POM-V) that can only be supplied by www.petprescription.co.uk on receipt of a written prescription from a veterinary surgeon. For a veterinary surgeon to issue a written prescription for your pet it must be under his/her care
The contents of this website are the personal opinions of the author and should be used as a guide only. No liability is accepted for accuracy of content or any other matter. If your pet is unwell we strongly recommend you seek the advice of a qualified veterinary surgeon. Articles are written and/or edited by S J Bagnall BVetMed MRCVS
This website has been created by www.petprescription.co.uk for information purposes only. Petprescription is a retailer of Onsior, but is not affiliated with or related to the manufacturer of Onsior in any way. The contents of this website are not sponsored or endorsed by the manufacturer of Onsior